Monday, July 6, 2009

My Kid's Going to the Michael Jackson Circus!

LOS ANGELES - JULY 6:  An employee of Dodger S...Handing out the tickets. Image by Getty Images via Daylife

My kid, Kate, who lives in LA and is The Luckiest Person in the World, won a pair of tickets to go to the Michael Jackson memorial in LA tomorrow!

The gold tickets are much coveted, as you can imagine in light of the hysterical media coverage following Jackson's recent death. How lucky is Kate? Let's put it this way: There were 8,000 pairs of tickets offered; 1.5 million people applied.

The Luckiest Person said she would not be scalping her tickets, but will attend tomorrow instead -- this is one of those events that, many years from now, you can still talk about. And she'll take pictures, because twenty years from now, it will be like Woodstock: The number of people who claim to have attended will greatly exceed the population of the LA basin.

I told her to be sure to Twitter the event while there; and blog it after, with lots of pics -- this will generate more followers and traffic for her than anything else she could hope to do. And she'll send me some of her happy snaps; when I post them to my blog, I'll get a lift too!

Weird world!




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: